Fitness Reality X-Class 410 Recumbent Exercise Bike, Air Soft Seat, & Adjustable Lumbar Backrest
Technical Details and Specifications
- Assembled dimensions: 66L x 21.5W x 46H inches (167.7L x 54.6W x 116.8H cm)
- Assembled weight: 122 lbs (55.3 kg)
- Supported weight: 350 lbs (158.7 kg)
- Handlebars: Fixed, with pulse sensors
- Seat: Adjustable
- Backrest: Adjustable
- Pedals: With adjustable straps
- Resistance: Current-assisted magnetic, 32 levels
- Progress tracking console: 12 workout programs, Bluetooth enabled, compatible with MyCloud Fitness;
- Amenities: Fan, speakers, bottle holder, media holder, waterproof PVC mat
- Warranty: Frame lifetime / Parts 5 years / Labor 5 years / Electronics 2 years / Wear parts 2 years
- Frame constructionThe Fitness Reality X-Class 410 features a more compact frame than other bikes, with more welding points and less bolted parts. For example, the seat’s bars (which are masked by the plastic covers), are welded to the frame, rather than being connected with bolts. Due to this aspect, it features a much stronger structural construction.The frame has a step-thru design. Due to this fact, it’s extremely easy to seat or stand up, which can be quite a plus for users with disabilities.The bike’s stability is enhanced by its overall weight. When fully assembled, it weighs 122 lbs (55.3 kg).
- However, relocating it once it’s assembled isn’t a problem; its front base features silicone transport wheels, while the rear base has a built-in handle to facilitate relocation of the machine. By using these elements you won’t have to handle more than approx. 40 lbs of its total weight.The elements that contribute to the machine’s stability and sturdiness do not end here. Along with the frame compactness, it features a slightly different construction in its stabilizing bases. Both front and rear bases have large, adjustable levelers, with rubber caps, to maximize the grip on the floor.As opposed to the IRONMAN Fitness 410, this exercise bike does not include a rubber mat. In case you want this accessory, you will have to purchase it separately.The bike is fairly large. It has a footprint of 66″L x 21.5″W (167.7 x 54.6 cm).
- It also requires at least two feet of clearance on each side and rear, and at least one foot of clearance at the front, for safe operation.Needless to say, the bike’s frame is made of steel tubing. It’s double-coated with corrosion resistant paint. The only color available is silver. The frame also incorporates a few plastic parts, but these fulfill a cosmetic role, mostly. Some of the plastic elements are the seat base covers and the shrouds that cover the pulley and flywheel. These are black and red in color.Seat and handlebarsThe main comfort factor of each and every recumbent exercise bike is the seat.
- And the seat of the Fitness Reality X-Class 410 simply excels in ergonomic elements.First of all, the seat’s base construction combines a thick layer of foam cushioning, with a layer of individual air chambers.This promotes the dispersion of the user’s weight on the seat’s surface, maximizing comfort. The seat is also fairly large, with a depth of 13.5″ (34 cm), and width of 17″ (43 cm).One of the features that many other recumbent bike models do not have is the reclining backrest. The backrest on the Fitness Reality X-Class 410 features three adjustment positions, for three distinctive angles. It also has a contoured design, incorporating a lumbar cushion with air chambers just as the seat, to minimize the stress on the lower back. Its overall surface features a mesh structure, flexible, yet very durable, which adapts perfectly to your body shape.Needless to say, the seat’s position in relation to the pedals can be adjusted.
- The seat assembly is attached to a metallic rail and can easily slide forward or backward. It’s locked by a small lever on the right side. At the farthest point from the pedals, its height from the ground is 33.2″ (approx. 84 cm), while at the closest point to the pedals, its height is 24.7″ (approx. 63 cm). The bike can accommodate users between 5′ and 6’4″ (152.4 – 193 cm). It’s also designed to support users up to 350 lbs (158 kg).The seat handlebars of the bike have integrated pulse sensors. They are covered with a layer of foam material to deliver a firm and comfortable grip. Their angle and position are non-adjustable as they come attached to the seat assembly with bolts. But evidently, they move along the adjustment rail the seat’s position is adjusted.The front handlebars are placed pretty close to the user, therefore are far from being completely useless as in other recumbent exercise bike models. Thus, you can also engage in leaned forward workout routines in case you want to, without experiencing an extremely awkward position.
- Drive and resistanceThe Fitness Reality X-Class 410 recumbent exercise bike features a belt drive system, using a heavy-duty, endurance tested, multi-groove belt. The crankset is a 3-piece part, using solid steel crank arms. They’re equipped with large, self-leveling pedals with adjustable straps.The flywheel is a medium-size one; it weighs 15.4 lbs (7 kg), being perimeter-weighted which means it can generate a steady, smooth and consistent momentum. Considering that the bike uses a belt, not a chain, the pedaling motion is almost silent. Thus, if space is not an issue, the bike can be a great choice for apartment use. You can be sure that its operation won’t bother the neighbors, nor the other members of the family.
- This Fitness Reality exercise bike features an eddy current resistance system. It uses a motor-assisted brake, which means you have to connect it to a power source in order to operate the console, and the resistance can only be adjusted from the console. A power cord with an adapter is included with the bike.This recumbent exercise bike makes available 32 resistance levels. The 1-3 levels of resistance deliver a very light workout, perfect for users who require recovery training. Conversely, the top resistance settings give you the possibility to undertake high-intensity workouts, great for pushing your heart rate to the limits if you want, and to obtain a superior calorie burn.
- Commercial grade construction;
- Aesthetic design;
- High user capacity (350 lbs);
- AirSoft seat which integrates a layer of air cushioning in order to provide superior comfort;
- Lumbar cushioning on backrest;
- Reclining backrest with 3 available positions;
- Adjustable seat;
- Automatic, magnetic resistance, with 32 available settings;
- Very smooth, almost silent drive;
- Dual monitor, angle-adjustable console;
- Each display integrates LED backlight which improves its readability;
- 12 preset programs, 4 custom user profiles;
- Bluetooth enabled, compatible with the MyCloud Fitness app;
- Handlebars with pulse sensors;
- Sound system included;
- Cooling fan included;
- Tablet holder included;
- Bottle holder included;
- Basically maintenance free;
- Consistent warranty plan.
- Cannot read pulse via an HR chest strap transmitter;
- The workout fan is not extremely powerful;
- A tablet placed on the media tray will cover the top display. But the lower display which indicates the most important values will still be visible.
The Fitness Reality X-Class 410 is a recumbent exercise bike which offers commercial quality with a sturdy frame and high load capacity. It’s equipped with an automatic magnetic resistance system that makes available 32 resistance levels. Its console is Bluetooth enabled, compatible with the MyCloud Fitness app, but also has its own 12 workout programs. It’s a fitness machine for users of all levels, great for recovery training, light cardio, but also for high-intensity cardio, interval training, stamina and strength development, and weight loss. Finally, it’s not exactly the most affordable fitness bike, but due to its consistent array of comfort factors and features, we can safely say that it offers excellent value for the price.